Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School Has Started!

Ok so I know that I am a week late in blogging this. I have been pretty busy and kinda lazy. School started on Monday, August 25. I am taking 15 credits this semester plus an Institute class. I am also working 30 hrs a week, so I am pretty busy this semester.

Since I am sure everyone is curious, here are the classes I am taking this semester: Civilization: Creative Arts, Calculus, Accounting I, Biological Anthropology, and Business Law. My institute class is Book of Mormon: 1 Nephi thru Alma 29.

My teacher for institute is Spencer's old mission president. He is a really good teacher, I'm very excited and I think I will be learning a lot with him. I am excited about my accounting class and my creative arts classes, I think they will be interesting.

In my Creative Arts class, I have to go to different performances. So I have to see "High School Musical" and "Nunsense". They are musicals. I have to go see "East Village Opera Company" and the "Fry Street Quartet". They are concerts. I have to see "Taiko Project" which is an Asian performance that is unique to that region, I'm excited to see that. I get to see the Royal Ballet perform "Carmina Burana" and I get to hear the African Children's Choir. I am pretty excited to see these, it will be interesting.

And then as a side note, because I can't remember if I blogged this. I have a calling in my new ward. I am on the Self Reliance Committee, anybody heard of this? Me neither. Basically what the committee does is help the students here become more self reliant and to become more prepared for emergencies. What we will do is like do things for canning, help people with their 72-hr kit, ect... I haven't had anything to do yet, but I'm interested as to what we will do.

If anybody wants to know anything else about what I've been doing, just drop me a comment and I will get back to you.

No comments: